Sunday, January 29, 2012

Where IS that Camera?!?!

I have it said more than once in my life and say it frequently now as the mother of 3 unique boys, "Where IS that Camera?!?!"  Sometimes I am quite certain that our life would make a hit reality show or maybe an award winning primetime family comedy.  Yesterday was a perfect scenario...

Characters:  Michael-the father figure of the family.  Type A(a) personality.  All T's must be crossed and all i's must be dotted at all times, no exceptions.  Boots never go with shorts and black never goes with brown and that includes when toddlers put their own shoes on.

Robert-Middle child, age 5.  Traits: stubborn, spontaneous, stubborn, imaginative, stubborn, unique, stubborn, strong willed, and STUBBORN.

Billie Jo-the mother, but in this case, useless to all as she lies ill in bed.

Setting: While outside it is a cold and frosty Minnesota Saturday morning, the Wicks family is inside their rural single family residence.

Plot: Michael versus Rob.

Rob has been on a big shorts and tank top kick lately.  Don't ask me why.  I have no idea.  He certainly doesn't get it from me.  I am typing this in my hooded sweatshirt, fleece pants, wool socks and slippers.  Even still, yesterday morning he declared, "Summertime!  It's summertime outside!" and came out of his bedroom donning blue and white pin stripe shorts and a tank top.

When I took to my bedroom ill yesterday morning, Michael decided to round up the crew and head to Target.  There was a prescription waiting and we were nearly out of toilet paper.  (Sam is potty training and goes through A LOT lately, which reminds me of another blog entry to author...)  Michael told Rob he needed to wear pants so they could go to the store.  Rob refused.  Michael insisted.

Rob took off at top speed.  I heard my bedroom door quickly open and then latch.  Click!  The locked was pressed in.  Quick!  Under the covers Rob flew.  Whoosh!  Back out.  Approaching footsteps in the hallways.  Flip.  Under the bed.  Scurry, scurry, he was gone into my closet.

(Now this sort of thing may have disturbed some for their rest, but honestly, I was barely phased.  I peered out one eye for about 2.2 seconds.)

Click!  Michael unlocked the door.  "He's in the closet." I told Michael.  PHEM!  "He was in the closet."

Rob escaped through our laundry pass through into the laundry room next door.  He then locked that door.  And escaped again into the boys' bathroom through the next laundry pass through.  That is where he was apprehended and sentenced to a day in denim.

Conclusion: After some screaming and the promise of a slushie and popcorn, the W-X boys all have a successful outing to Target while Mom stays behind for a more successful attempt at resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment