Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Welcome Teddy Roosevelt!

On October 4th, 2012 at 9:09 pm, the Wicks family gladly welcomed Wicks #6 to the mix.  As much as the name Six had grown on me, Iwe weren't sold on it as a forever name.  The delivery was less than ideal, in fact I told Michael if I ever heard blow it off as fine or a generic "it went well" I would have grounds to beat him.  I also told him I earned the right to name baby any name I like.  Of course I did let him have input. We both gave our lists and discovered that Theodore was the only name on both, so Theodore it is.

Grandma Wicks shared the baby's name, Theodore John, in the morning. Robby liked it. Ray would prefer Johnny. Sam was down right irked. He was SURE we should have named him Pluto.

When Sam came to meet baby, he was still not sold on Theodore but decided he could live with Teddt, Teddy Roosevelt that is. Sam continues to call him by the presidential name. He will also tell you that we named our baby Teddy Roosevelt because he's dead, so we used his name. Oh, and so you know, George Washington is dead so you can use his name too. But, Barack Obama is president and he's alive, so you can't use his name yet.

Dr. Coppes, my OB, was impressed with Sam's knowledge of American history, and so is pretty much everyone else Sam can get to listen about his new baby brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment