Friday, March 27, 2015

Why I Try To Say Yes

When kids are little, they often want to do whatever Mom does. We moms must have a real nack for making the mundane look exciting! Sometimes all that "help" can be overwhelming and it's tempting to just do things yourself. But taking a little extra time now to let little ones help can pay big dividends later because they will learn the skills and they are more likely to be willing helpers later if they have been allowed and praised for helping. That's why tonight I let my well meaning 11 year old male dinner tonight (even if it may have been faster to do it myself).  I also let my 2 and 6 year olds "clean"the floors. I will thank myself someday when dinner is on the table and my floors are clean. And even if that dream never becomes a reality, maybe a future spouse can harvest these seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment