Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Force Sensitive

As most of you are aware by now, my boyz are a bit on the fanatical side when it comes to all things Star Wars.  Ray is honestly and truly convinced he is "discovering the force."  It is quite common to hear something that has moved or is missing explained by no other than the force in our household.  Michael and I tend to roll out eyes and nod our heads.  We've more or less given up on trying to explain to him that "the force" is fiction.  Anyone who thinks we are corrupting our children by not better explaining this to him is MORE than welcome to come give a shot at it, but trust me when I say it's falling on deaf ears.

Ray is very much aware that his vast knowledge of all things Star Wars greatly exceeds our own.  (I'm not sure if it is the way I constantly mispronounce the names or the way my eyes glaze over when he talks about the difference between the planets Naboo and Earth.)  However, there is one adult in his life that he highly regards as an expert in this field, Uncle Mikey.  Frequently Ray tells me how Uncle Mikey is a Star Wars expert and probably even knows....  To which I respond, "That's great Ray.  I'm glad you and Uncle Mikey can share that," while I think, "cause now I don't have to pretend to care."

The other day, Uncle Mikey and Cal stopped by.  (And in case you were wondering, yes, Cal has also been infiltrated by Jedi Alliance and as a youngling, is working on wielding some mean lightsaber skills all his own to the dismay of his mother.)  I'm not sure who or how the discovery was made, but Uncle Mikey and Ray noticed they both have moles on their necks.

Ray's eyes lit up as he made a connection and shared it out loud with everyone, "Hey!  I know Uncle Mikey!  Maybe having a mole on your neck is a sign of being force sensitive!!"

We all had a good chuckle, but what Ray neglected to notice is that I too have a mole on my neck, (What can I say, I come from a long line of moely people) and I am anything but force sensitive.

"But maybe you are Mom and you just haven't discovered it yet?  And it takes training to know how to really use."

Maybe, just maybe.

2 comments:

  1. all I can think right now is "mole....moley, moley...." More our type of movie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! me too! all i thought was "moley, moley, MOLE!" :)

    ReplyDelete