Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Won't You Play With Me?

One would think that having two brothers you always have someone to play with.  Or maybe it's because he has two brothers and ALWAYS has someone to play with.  Whatever the reason, I had to laugh out loud today when I saw Ray setting up a game of battleship and telling his brother that it was NOT intended for him.

"WHAT?!" was Rob's stunned response, "How are you going to play battleship all by yourself?"

I also wondered the same thing, but Ray obviously had it all planned out.  He didn't hesitate for a minute when he said, "I'm gonna play the game Bobby Joe Pickler.  It's Bobby Joe versus Bobby Joe Pickler."

Huh?  Don't worry, that was my thought too.  Ray set up the game with battleships on both sides and smiled a smug grin as he told me that he was on Bobby Joe Pickler's team.  "We have a massive fleet and they have a really small one."

I guess that's one benefit to playing with an imaginary opponent and you set the board up yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I did this at least once as a youngster....sometimes being the baby nobody wanted to play your silly game. Hey, at least you win.

    ReplyDelete