Monday, November 7, 2011

A Twinkle in His Eye

My expecting sister-in-law was chuckling as she told me that Ray had been educating her.  I had to ask, "Oh boy.  About what?"

"About where baby's come from.  It's quite the story."

"Oh yea?  What exactly did he say?"  My mind reeled trying to remember how much information we had provided Ray with on this topic.  Not a lot, but nothing too humorous either.

"It's a very detailed story so I thought you must have told it to him.  It had to of come from somewhere."

I must have had a puzzled look on my face so she went on to recount Ray's story of how baby's come to be...

The baby starts as a twinkle in the Daddy's eye.  (Thank you Grandma Cookie for that...)  Then the Daddy has an invisible tube that he uses to get this twinkle to the Mommy's belly.  Then a baby grows in the Mommy's tummy.  When the baby is ready, she goes to the doctor who helps her get the baby out.

Hmmmm.... Not quite the same special seed version we told Ray, but I guess I can live with that explanation for now.  Not sure where the invisible tube part came from though.

No comments:

Post a Comment