Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hungry Hungry Kiddos

My kids may appear small, but don't let that fool you about their appetites!  I have NO idea where they pack the food away, but somehow they manage to eat and eat and eat.  I can't imagine what our grocery bill will be by the time they are teenagers.  YIKES!

On a campout a few weeks back, my long-time friend Caroline was in charge of bringing the hot dogs and brats.  She thought she brought extras.  My boys fooled her when they ate 2 a piece along with plenty of other sides.

The other evening, Michael was working on a vehicle which left the me and the boys on our own for dinner.  Since we had returned from camping earlier that day and were low on groceries, I had no issue caving when Rob requested cereal for dinner.

Here is what they managed to shove into their hollow legs:
Sam: 2 bowls of cereal
1 apple
1 piece of string cheese
and several crackers

Ray: 2 bowls of cereal
1 piece of string cheese
 and a half sleeve of crackers  (come to think of it, that wasn't very much for Ray; maybe he was too tired from the campout)

Rob: 3 bowls of cereal
2 pieces of string cheese
an apple
and some crackers

I can honestly say they all out ate me, but that really isn't anything new these days...

Well, I think we're out of cereal. And fruit.  And granola bars.  And orange juice.  Guess I better make a trip to the grocery store.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment