Friday, November 2, 2012

Elbow Milk

After Michael has left for the day and Theo gets up for his early am feeding, I have a tendency to bring him into bed with me and snuggle him before the day starts.  Once he has had his fill and he lulls back to sleep, I get the house going for the day.  Rob quickly discovered that if he gets up and dressed fast enough, he too can have some 1 on 1 snuggle time with the littlest Wix.  This morning Sam also crawled up there.  So there sit 3 monkeys on my bed while I brush my teeth and try to jump start monkey #1, Ray.

"Mom!  Teddy is being silly.  He's trying to eat my arm."  Rob announces.

I smile in spite of the toothbrush hanging out of my mouth to acknowledge Rob's comment.  My boys are very much aware of the breastfeeding process.  I have nursed all of them and I refuse to constantly hide myself and baby away every few hours to simply nourish my child.  In our home, I nurse anywhere and everywhere from the kitchen to the the couch to bedtime story time.  Out and about I also nurse just about anywhere.  I try to be discrete and cover fairly well.  In my opinion, if someone sees something they don't want to see, they were looking to hard in the 1st place.

"Ha ha ha!  No, no silly baby.  You can't get milk there.  Mom, now Teddy's trying to suck on my chest!  Boys don't have milk!"  Rob continues.

"Yea, boys don't have elbows!  Milk comes from elbows that are right here," Sam says pointing to his chest.  "Only mommies have elbows here for making milk."

I almost sprayed toothpaste all over my bedroom.  We've been through the proper anatomy terms, but I guess Sam needs a refresher.

"You are silly baby Theodore!" Sam concludes.

"Whoa!  Sam did you just call him Theodore???"  I inquire with wide eyes sure I must have misheard him.  He did almost break down in tears yesterday because some referred to the baby as Theodore.

"He he he!  I did.  That was silly.  His name is Teddy Roosevelt Bridge!" Sam laughs at himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment