Monday, November 19, 2012

More Elbow Milk

The other day Sam and I were home for the day and just hanging out.  I had just sat down to nurse the baby when Sam came over with a favorite plan of his.

"Mom, can we go upstairs and watch a movie on your bed?"

"Sure, when I'm done feeding the baby we can go up."

"He can come upstairs too."

"That's very nice of you Sam.  We will bring him up with us."

"Mom!  He feel off your elbow and now he can't eat!" Theodore, who had unlatched to try to look for the source of the noise behind him, but quickly found his head being shoved back toward me.

"Um, Sam, that's now my elbow.  This is my elbow." I said laughing and bending my arm to show Sam an elbow.

"I know that's an elbow.  But that's your other elbow.  Your elbow for feeding the baby."

"No, I only elbows on my arms just like you.  This is my breast," I offer the appropriate term as I gesture across my chest.

"I know that's your breast.  I'm talking about that pointy part, you know, the elbow," corrects Sam as he bends his own arm and points to his elbow with his other hand.

Hmmmm, interesting correlation don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment