Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Best Dinner

The other evening, dinner time was looming.  The boys were hungry, the baby was hungry, and I was tired.  So I headed to the pantry and found a jar of Alfredo sauce, opened the freezer and pulled out some chicken that I had cooked and cut in advanced, and put on a pot of water to boil some noodles.  I mixed it all together, added some peas, and viola! Chicken Alfredo was on the table.  I wasn't 100% sure how this would go over given the fact that the last time I made it, Rob refused to even take a bite.  So when Rob asked what it was, I knew better than to use the common name,, "chicken, peas and noodles," I said.

"Yum!" Rob enthusiastically replied.

Alright then.  Ray and Rob ate with must enthusiasm and eventually Ray declared, "This is probably the best meal we've had since the baby's been born!"

"Thanks," I think.  Never mind the home cooked meals I've made, sometimes you just have to take a compliment when you can.

And for those of you wondering about Sam, don't worry, he still kept the whine with dinner going refusing to try his food until the rest of us where long gone from the table.  He cleaned his plate while I washed dishes.  He did like it, he just wanted to make sure our dinner time wasn't enjoyable. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment