Wednesday, December 19, 2012

PASTA?!?!?!

If you read my blog from time to time, you may have picked up on certain patterns.  One of those being that dinner time can occasionally be a bit difficult at my house.  I always vowed that I would raise children who eat what was on the table or go hungry, and for the most part we stick to that philosophy, but it does lead to some interesting dining experiences.

You may recall the problem with pasta back in May 2011.  If not, you should check it out here in this blog entry: Power Play.  There's also the entry about how I overcame that, What's for Dinner?  And just this week about how I made one heck of a Chicken Alfredo: The Best Dinner.

Well this is a story about the leftovers from that very best dinner...

"What would you like for lunch?  A sandwich, the pizza from last night, or some of the pasta we had the other night?"

"WAIT!  Did you say pasta?!?!"  Oh boy!  Here goes Robby again.

"Yes, Rob I said pasta.  Pasta is another word for noodles.  All noodles are pasta.  Get over it already.  you love noodles.  Mac and cheese, chicken Alfredo, spaghetti, it's all pasta."

"But I don't like pasta!" Rob adamantly protested.  Great, way to go Billie Jo!  Ruin a slew of dinner ideas for the kid.

"Fine, would you feel better about it if I just said noodles?"

"Yes."  Whew, what a relief!

"Okay then.  Do you want some of the noodles with chicken and peas from the other night?"

"Yes please."

Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment