Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Don't Wake the Baby

Theo is not much a napper.  I imagine it's because our house is somewhat busy and he doesn't want to miss out on anything.  Or maybe it's because every time he drifts off someone startles him with a lightsaber, car motoring, or a fight over an electronic.  The fact that every time I lay him down he is accosted by the baby mauler Rob doesn't help either. One of the few times he may nap is if he falls asleep in transport and is left in his carseat.  Even this is rare, but welcome occasion.  So you can imagine my dilemma when left with the options to either wake the baby or deal with the uncomfortable fullness a nursing mom sometimes has when baby doesn't eat on schedule.  

"I wish Theo would wake up so he would eat.  I don't have the heart to wake him myself." I said on the side to Michael as I battled with this choice.

I'm not sure how he heard it because he was engrossed in some activity on his own, but Rob hear my plea and enthusiastically shouted with an ear to ear smile,  "I can do it!!!" as he set off to smother his baby brother in kisses and sure enough, wake him up.  What a helpful kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment