Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Juvie

I'm sure by now, most of my readers would have to agree that Sam is a free spirit.  He is SO his own person.  He also had a bit of an independent streak to him.  This being said, you can understand why we are occasionally late for things.  You'd think by now I'd allot 5 extra minutes for him to brush his own teeth.  Oh, and 5 more to put on his shoes.  And 5 for him to buckle his own car seat.  Well, you get the picture.  It can be incredibly frustrating to find out that even after giving him extra time to find out he has not done the task he was suppose to but instead find him engaged in some sort of distraction.

The other evening we were about a block from our destination when Sam hollers from the way back for Michael to stop the truck immediately.  "Dad!  STOP!  I'm not finished buckling yet!"

"Oh, Dad's going to go to jail now!' commented Rob.

"No, Sam's going to juvie!  That's kid jail!" chimed in Ray.

I'm not sure what part of this bothered me the most, the fact that Sam was not completely fastened in or that my 8 year old knows about juvie.  Oh well, I guess back to double checking everyone's buckles for the one and prayer is about all can do for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment