Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Infinity and Beyond

"I love you"

"I love you more."

"I love you the most."

"I love you to the moon."

"I love you to the moon and back."

"I love you to Pluto and back."

"I love you infinity!"

This has been an ongoing dialogue at our house for years.  The other day, Sam got the last one in on me and I thought I had a clever response, "I love you to infinity and beyond!" (Of course spoken in a Buzz Lightyear manner.)

I was a little surprised that instead of giggles, hugs or kisses, I got the following response, "Mom, infinity's not even a number.  It's an idea.  You can't have more than infinity."

Thank you 3 year old Sam for putting your mother (who earned her master's degree by studying what else, mathematics education), back in her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment