Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Wet Bed???

Boys are harder to potty train than girls.  Many boys do not night train till between the ages of 5 and 7.  My boys sleep like rocks.  I really like sleep and do not care for it being unnecessarily interrupted.  Combining all of these facts, we have taken a very laid back approach to night training at our house.  My boys will simply not wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of night, so I don't see any purpose in stressing myself of them about it.  We use pull-ups and wait till they keep them dry the majority of the time and then know we are ready to move on.

Rob is more or less ready, has a strong desire, and it is summer so it seemed like an appropriate time for less sleep and more laundry.  Off to be bed in his undies he went last night and I wasn't at all surprised to hear him at my bedside at 2 a.m.    As we worked toward cleaning him up and getting him back to bed, our conversation went a little something like this...

"Mom, I need new pajamas."

"Okay honey, did you wet the bed?"

"No, somehow my bed is just wet.  But I don't know how, because I didn't pee in it."

"It's okay, we'll go check it out and clean up the accident."

"I DIDN'T have an accident.  I wouldn't pee in my bed."

"I know you wouldn't on purpose honey, but that's why it's called an accident, because it was an accident, not something you meant to do."

"My bed is just wet.  It's not pee.  See?, my blanket is dry."

"Okay, honey. Good night, I love you, see you in the morning."

"Night Mom."  Quiet.  "Moooom!  My blanket smells potty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment