Thursday, June 21, 2012

You Don't Have One?!?!

Last night the boys wanted to see the pics of their baby brother in the making so I popped in the picture CD that I was given by the ultrasound tech  and we started looking at Wix #6 first photo session.  Using my finger to show, I traced various parts of the baby and said things like, "This is his head, these are his eyes.  See his ribs here?  This white line is a bone in his arm."  (I'm pretty sure the boys thought we were looking at a small alien figure, not their baby brother to be.)


When we got to this pic, they recognized it a lot more as baby and noticed on their own that baby had his hand to his mouth.  "Look, he's sucking his thumb just like Ray!" commented Rob.  

"I am a baby Mom, just like baby in your tummy," said Sam popping his thumb into his mouth.

"These picture all show the baby's head and tummy.  Are there any of his legs?" asked Ray.


"Here's one Ray.  This is a picture of the baby's bottom.  Kind of like he's sitting on the camera.  This is a leg and this is his bottom."

"I am boy 4," read Ray. "How do they know he's a boy?"

"Well, do you see this between his legs?  It is his boy parts."

"That's his penis?!" yells Rob "Sick."

"Our baby has a penis, and I have a penis, and you have a penis, and we all have a penis," exclaims Sam.

"You do, all of you boys do, but Mommy does not," I explain.


Sam first looks horrified with his eyes bulging from his head as he, the boy who adores his penis and has his hand on it more often than not, tries to make sense of what I just said.  "You DON'T have a penis?!"

"No, Mommy is a girl.  Girls don't have a penis." I explain.

"Yea, Mommy has a pee pee," chimes in Rob.  I decide now is not the time to expand vocabulary so I just agree.

As Sam's shock is replaced with sympathy, he looks at me with sad eyes, pats me on the shoulder and says, "That's okay Mommy."

I'm so glad it's okay and that the boys will continue letting me live in our home even if I am lacking between my legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment