Friday, June 15, 2012

Wx # 6! Boy or Girl?!?!?!

21 weeks today!!!  Wow.  It has gone quickly.  I think each pregnancy gets faster and faster.  (Or maybe time just seems to speed up as I get older and older...)

The gender question.  It has been weighing on us for weeks now.  To find out now or have a surprise later?  Frankly, I hate surprises.  And going that route with Sam was okay, but if the doctor had told me I had a healthy baby octopus after delivery, I think I would have been okay with that. Well, maybe not. But it didn't feel anti-climatic to me, but the bigger drawback in my opinion was not being able to see the reaction on the boys' faces when it was announced their new baby was here and it was a brother.  Grandma got the job.

The boys are split.  Ray wants a boy, Rob wants a girl ("who is nothing like Sam because he a naught little guy") and Sam wants a baby dinosaur he can name Rhino.  Michael and I want a baby.  I think it might be a boy.  Or a girl.  (I had thought maybe an octopus, but the ultrasound only revealed 4 limbs.)

Using my keen debate skills, I used this line of reasoning to get Michael on board.  I laid out some reveal options to him and we settled on the current fad of cupcakes with surprise filling to help us see pink or blue.  Then I logged on to the computer.  Talk about a fad.  It seemed like FB was full or reports of the same idea.  So I got busy thinking.  What else could one use to conceal a colorful surprise that upon opening would be fun for the family??

Box of balloons?  Gift box with pink or blue gear?  Nursery room with a streak of paint on the wall?  These all seemed bad for the environment or lame.  Then I got it!  PINATA!  Who doesn't love a pinata and some candy?!?!

Off to Rochester we headed to buy a pinata and candy at Party City.  We had fun choosing just the right pinata and handfuls of pink and blue candy and confetti together was a family.  We brought the pinata home and had even more fun personalizing it.

Yesterday, at my ultrasound, the first tech had a heck of a time getting baby to cooperate and I was getting anxious that we weren't going to get to open the pinata for months.  After rolling to my side and bringing in a second tech, they were able to write our secret in an envelope and seal it up tight.  Last night the pinata, candy and card were given to our secret under cover agents for pinata stuffing.

Today is the big day.  The baby carrots and pickles are chilling.  The mini cocktail weiners are ready for saucing.  The mini-burgers are ready for patty-ing and we are ready for a baby party like none other!

When the pinata breaks, Rob's still hoping for pink, Ray's still wishing for blue, and Sam would like green.  I'm just hoping for a great picture of their reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment