Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Star Wars Day!


Today is May 4th and "May the fourth be with you!"

 Get it?  Huh?  Do ya?

Maybe it's because I'm a dork when it comes to playing with words, but I thought it was adorable!

Seven-year-old and Star Wars fanatic Ray, not so much.  "It's FORCE Mom!  May the FORCE be with you."

"Yea, I know, but it's May 4th, it's a play on words.  Isn't it kind of funny?"

"No."

A good mom probably would have let it drop there right?  Well, good thing I never said I was a good mom!  ;)

No, I had to keep pursuing it.  Keep saying it trying to help me see the humor in it.  He didn't.  After some foot stomping and pouting (his, not mine), I let it go.

I had to give it just one more shot at bedtime though.  I did manage to get him to crack a smile.  Robby, however, came running in from the room next door to inform me, "Mom!  It's may the FOUR-se be with you.  FOUR-se.  You said it wrong."  Sigh.

But don't worry, next year, I'm sure I will be able to help him better understand!

In the meantime, "May the fourth be with you!"

2 comments:

  1. Did you steal that from Dan Jones post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! No. Just saw his. Kath had posted it on my FB wall so I got a text from her to tell the boy-z.

    ReplyDelete