Wednesday, May 18, 2011

You Sexy Rat!

My parents live just a few houses from us; it's about 1/4 mile and on the same road.  It's a very quick and easy walk that our family has traveled countless times in both directions.  So when Ray asked the other day if he could walk home from Nana's while I drove (I had been stopping to pick kids up) I didn't hesitate in answering with a yes.

Apparently, Ray got it in his head that he could beat us if he ran the distance.  I humored him for the most part by slowly loading his brothers into their car seats and pulled slowly out of my rents' driveway.  I drove in an ambling sort of fashion and when Rob caught sight of Ray running and figured out that he was attempting to beat us and succeeding he called out, "That dirty rat!"  (Which is a long standing name in our family lovingly doted out to individuals by my Grandma Billie.)  Robby started to giggle and said in a very sassy voice, "Look at him run!  He's not a dirty rat; he's a SEXY rat!  Roll down my window so I can call him sexy rat mom!  Sexy rat, sext rat, Ray Ray is a sexy rat!"

Good heavens.  As if the child has any clue what he's saying but I have to admit, I couldn't exactly stifle my laughter on that one, which probably didn't help stop him from continuing his chant into the driveway, into the garage, into the house, and even into the next few days.  But I don't care WHO you are, THAT'S FUNNY STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment