Friday, May 20, 2011

Turn DOWN the Volume!


This is the shirt Robby was wearing when I picked him up from daycare the other day.  When I got out of my truck and read his shirt, I busted out laughing.  No words can express how true this is.  Anyone who has spent any time with Rob is fully aware of the child's volume issue.  He is L-O-U-D.  He talks loud.  He yells loud.  He cries loud.  He screams loud.  We work on it constantly, but it's just the way he's wired I guess.  (I honestly can't help but think that it doesn't go back to his frequent ear troubles as an infant and toddler.  He did have some hearing loss then, but the tubes seemed to reverse it.)

This past winter, Rob was given another shirt by his grandma that reads "I don't have a mute button."  It is also very true.  It quickly became not only a favorite shirt of his, but also a favorite saying too.  He uses it often when asked to be quiet.  "I can't!  I don't have a mute button!"  Thanks Grandma.

For those of you not familiar with Rob's volume, here's a little sample of what he's capable of.  Keeping in mind, of course, this is him in a good and cooperative mood.  Other moods are a lot louder and a lot less cute :)

1 comment: